Tuesday 22 April 2014

After the commercial break

Well, I'm back. For today, anyway.

I wonder if I will ever make this blog a fully functioning blog where I write regularly and develop an audience.

Still, let that become clearer over time. The last 6 months have not been a complete waste despite the absence of writing on my blogs. Silken musings is now back in my hands after being lost and both blogs are on permanent renewal so shouldn't be lost again!

I've made steady progress with my tutoring and now have the beginnings of a functioning business, although there's a lot of work to do yet to make some money. Still at hobby business levels currently.
www.lindsaywent.com for interested parties :)

I recently decided that if I was going to play chess, then I need to play it seriously as I've just been getting little enjoyment from playing quick games poorly. So I've started playing longer chess again and have been enjoying it much more. I've started studying and am enjoying the complexity of the great game once more.

I've been steadily developing my Maths skills at www.khanacademy.org as I seek to become more proficient at Maths. K-10 proficiency is the current goal and I'll re-assess once it's achieved. Obviously the better my Maths, the more students I can get for tutoring. Year 12  proficiency at 3 unit level is the holy grail, but is also a lot of work.

So, the current priorities are promoting my business further and doing a good job for the students I currently have, chess, Maths, Kristy and Cassie.

And maybe, maybe, this blog too.


No comments: