Wednesday 30 April 2014

8 days ago, I said that I would keep the blog in easy range on my desktop and write as often as I felt like, without putting pressure on myself. Well, this is the 1st post, I haven't really felt like writing much.

But I have been very focused upon certain goals during that week. I added Khan Academy to my desktop and I have been doing loads of work on it every day, I signed up for a chess tactics server, chesstempo and I've been doing numerous tactical exercises. So I most definitely have been spending my computer time in a purposeful manner, it's just that it appears that regular blog writing isn't going to be a big part of that purpose.

I haven't been forcing myself to complete chess puzzles or Maths exercises, I've been doing it because I enjoy them. I like the fact that there will be long term gains from doing them, but that's not the main reason I'm doing them, I'm getting enough pleasure out of doing them at the time to keep me interested.

I can't see myself turning this blog into a full blown blog with daily updates. That being the case, it would appear that the primary use for this blog will be a personal blog, a place for family updates and occasional rants and comments that are too long to fit into a Facebook update.

I'd been envisioning using Silken Musings for that, but my greater emotional attachment to the Went Report title means that this would be a better location to use. So it will be used for that.

I'd been thinking of adding a few posts and then doing the work of including some links and advertising the blog as part of my online presence. But I'm just going to add the links over the next few days and start letting people know about the blog. I hope that a few people will stop by and say hello, but I'm not entertaining any great notions of it becoming a genuinely popular blog, because I'm simply not interested in putting in the necessary effort for that to happen.

The next couple of posts will be about chess and Khan Academy as they're my current passions online and are worth mentioning.

No comments: